Manage and stream your music from a web server using a browser. AmpJuke is a PHP-script that runs on Linux/Unix using Apache and MySQL. Once installed, AmpJuke can stream music to one or more remote clients (f.ex. PC's) on a LAN and/or the internet. Any program that can handle M3U-playlists (f.ex. WinAmp, Microsoft Media Player, Amarok and/or XMMS) can play the streamed music. AmpJuke focuses on intuitive navigation as well as speed.
Features include, but are not limited to:
- Scan+import of music.
- Random play with various options for "fair rotation".
- Upload/download music.
- Multiple languages.
- Automatic retrieval of album/cover using Amazon webservice.
- Display lyrics for individual songs.
- Get external info. about performers/groups.
- Display related performers using webservice from last.fm. - Use favorite lists to quickly retrieve related music.
- Show what's playing using AJAX-technology.
- Submit music to last.fm